N.E.W. Libertarian

Promoting clean, honest, open, and limited government in North East Wisconsin

Friday, October 27, 2006

Mark Green Needs Our Support

Walker Weekly

March 24, 2006 was the day that I announced that I was bowing out of the
race for Governor and supporting Mark Green. Without a doubt, this was the
toughest decision I've ever made in my entire professional career. More
than 10,000 of you stood up and supported our efforts and I was afraid to
let you down.

The decision to support Mark wasn't made because of concerns over the
primary election; it was made because of my concerns over the general
election. At the time, Jim Doyle was far ahead of both Mark and me in
raising the funds needed to win the election. Keeping two Republicans in
the race was a sure way to see Doyle re-elected.

Thankfully, it was easy for me to support Mark Green. Mark and I were both
sworn into office in 1993, and he was one of the hardest working lawmakers I
served with in the Assembly. Since 1998, he has been a great Congressman.
Most importantly, I traveled the state for more than a year as a candidate
and I heard him speak at nearly every stop. What I like most about Mark is
that he has the same positive message in every part of the state. He
doesn't pander to one area at the expense of another part of the state. He
wants to make ALL of us better in Wisconsin.

Over the years, I've grown to have many friends who are Democrats. While I
do not often agree with them on policy, I respect them for having a core set
of beliefs and acting on those principles. Sadly, Jim Doyle does not seem to
have a core set of beliefs. His only true passion seems to be re-election.
That is why this race is so important.

When I got out of the race, some people said that I did it for the party.
They are wrong. I did it for the state. Tonette and I want to raise our
two sons in a state that has a leader we can be proud of again. That leader
is Mark Green.

To everyone who supported me, I am asking you to not let my difficult
decision be made in vain. Help me help Mark Green get elected on November
7th.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scott Walker, Milwaulkee Countee Executive & former candidate for Governor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home